In comparing this year's team to last year's four things immediately stand out.
1. This year the Jaguars will be able to run the ball effectively. I do know that this is a projection, but the OL is physically stronger. Last year's players are coming back bigger and the additions of Cann and Parnell will make the OL a better run-blocking OL. Also the loses of Toddman and the FB are minimal while the additions of TJ Yeldon and Pierce are significant.
2. The S position this year is much stronger than last year's S position. Both Browne and Sample improve the FS position and give added value to special teams. I may have taken Adrian Amos rather than Sample, but I acknowledge that Sample probably has the higher upside. Lofton will probably remain on the final 53 as the 5th S.
3. Adding Julius Thomas at the TE position in FA definite improved the receiving ability of the position. Also adding Sterling and Koyack strengthened the youth and future of the TE position.
4. The additions of Fowler, Bennett, and Odrick improved the DL. The Jaguars should increase their number of sacks and pressures on the QB this year.
5. As a bonus the play of our QB should improve with his second year at the position and his preparations during the offseason. 2, 3, and 4 win seasons should be behind the Jaguars for many years.